Sunday, October 19, 2008

Filmed

So here it is.

The movies hold a special sway over me, and here I burn my thoughts.

A movie is a dream- a dream that puzzles, terrifies, and enraptures.

Food- to the eyes, to the gut, to the soul.

Sometimes, even when you have company in the moviehouse, you feel utterly alone. In solitary confinement. In the dark.

Reeling. From pain, from disgust, from disbelief.

Even when you have fled the screening room, even when you are in the comforts of your house, the cinema has you in its clutches, it has you in its thrall.

It is a prison- but a prison I choose to be in. For while it holds me captive, it liberates me. 

A motion picture moves me: to tears, to laughter, to action.

The movies capture so many special moments, and here I capture the moments I have with the movies.

Here and now, I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good.

No comments: