Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Gaga on See-boo Pacific

This morning I was watching E! News, and on their "So True/So False" segment, Jason Kennedy asked: "Were flight attendants in an airline in the Philippines fired because of dancing to Lady Gaga? This is so false."

Kennedy identified the airline as Cebu Pacific, which he pronounced /see'-boo/. He says there have been 5 million hits, but when I checked 12 hours after the show, there have been 7 million views. Kennedy opines that those are nice Gaga-worthy moves, and Ryan Seacrest added, without a hint of irony: "Those would calm me in an emergency water landing."


This is the third consecutive day I'm writing about the Philippines finding itself on the world stage. Isn't that interesting?

Does it mean the Philippines is now most certainly a major player in pop culture (with Charice also being on Glee)? Or that I watch too much television? 

No comments: