Friday, December 10, 2010

What would Sue Sylvester say?


TV Guide Canada had quoted Ed O'Neill supposedly saying:

“I love Jane, honestly I do. I’m dying to star in one of Christopher Guest’s movies alongside her, but I don’t think she should have gotten the Emmy for that part. [Sue Sylvester] is just a one-note character.... Sofia is just so, so funny. I don’t think people realize how hilarious she is. She’s so sharp with her wit, it’s amazing.”

Jane Lynch's representative did not have an immediate reaction, and when they finally did, all they said was: “[L]et it go, that’s what we’re doing.”

It's good that Jane Lynch did not resort to launching a disrespectful tirade of her own, what with O'Neill missing out on a nomination in the most recent Emmys when every one of
Modern Family's major stars was nominated. Worse, he was never nominated for Married With Children.

Even better for me that I waited a day before weighing in on it.

Ed O'Neill has denied saying his Modern Family co-star Sofia Vergara deserved the Emmy over Jane Lynch. His statement reads:

“Last week I spoke to a group of journalists and one quoted me supposedly saying of Jane Lynch, ‘I don’t think she should have gotten the Emmy for that part.’ I never said those words and transcripts of the press conference attest to that fact. Of course I root for my dear friends Sofia Vergara and Julie Bowen (and all of my colleagues on our show) at Emmy time, but I absolutely never said, nor do I believe that Jane — whom I think is an enormous talent — was undeserving of the award. I reached out to her yesterday to ensure she knew I’d been misquoted but I wanted to clear this up publicly as well.”

So far, TV Guide Canada has not released a statement.

Of course, following the fallout, the story can no longer be found on the website of TV Guide Canada.

But the story has been picked up by different sources, so there is no reason for you not to read the whole article.


Photo from http://www.zap2it.com/tv/fall-tv-preview/zap-modern-family-pictures,0,2702560,showall.photogallery

No comments: