Friday, December 12, 2008

Warped by Time

Work has been murder these past few days.

I had been working 11.5-hour shifts and I'm ripe for a nonstop 15-hour sleep. This is mandated by the company, so everybody's stress levels and states of discontent are reaching new heights.

We're not Cylons, you know.

I've had some time, though, to do some recreation.

For one, I've started watching the fourth season of Futurama. The first episode involves the gang going back in time to Roswell in the 1940s. Fry must guard his grandfather's life or else he will change the course of history and he would cease to exist. Fry exercises his mission with so much zeal that his grandfather is killed. He thinks, If I killed my grandpa, how can I still be here? So he thinks his grandfather's girlfriend can't be his grandma, and proceeds to sleep with her. Consequently, he becomes his own grandfather and grandson at the same time.

This reminds me of The Terminator....

No comments: